Traffic School Diversion
Must Appear in Person at the Court to Sign Up for the Program
You must appear on or before the Court Appearance Date listed at the bottom of your citation. When you appear at the court office, the clerk will give you the options available to you. If you are eligible for the traffic school program and you choose that option, the clerk will provide you with the proper paperwork to enroll you in the program and give you the information you need to contact the vendor to make arrangements to take the class.The Traffic School Diversion is a program designed to allow drivers the opportunity to recognize and review their driving habits, attitudes, and behaviors. Generally, you can go to Traffic School if:
- You were cited for a moving violation that does not involve an accident.
- You have no previous moving violation or traffic crime convictions within the last two years.
- You have not participated in a traffic diversion in the last two years.
- You have a valid non-commercial driver license or permit.
- You meet eligibility requirements set forth by the Court as determined at your Court appearance.
THERE ARE NO EXTENSIONS FOR ANY REASON.
Diversion Fees are not refundable:
| Presumptive Fine
|| Diversion Fee
Requirements of program (if you are eligible):
- Enter a plea of No Contest (not contesting the facts of the case) NOTE: A Not Guilty Plea forfeits your Traffic School option.
- Sign up for a specific Traffic School option. You are not allowed to change to a different program once you have signed up.
- Pay the Diversion Fee in full within the 60-day period.
- Contact the school, pay the registration fee and register for the class.
- Successfully complete the class and receive a Certificate of Completion
- Submit the “Certificate of Completion” to the Court within the 60-day period.
- Court Services Institute(CSI): (approximately 4 hour class online or in person)
- Online Class - $40 Registration Fee
- In-person class (Available in Oregon, Idaho, and Washington) - $45 Registration Fee
- In-Person class in Spanish (Available in Oregon, Idaho, and Washington) - $45 Registration Fee