About Mayor Doyle
Before becoming Mayor, Denny Doyle served as a City Councilor for 14 years, bringing his depth of grassroots community involvement to the benefit of citizens. A strong advocate on behalf of young people, Dennis Doyle has partnered elected office with volunteer activities that improve conditions and opportunities for youth in Beaverton:
- Beaverton Baseball and Softball Association, Board Member and Coach
- Beaverton City Councilor, 1995 to 2008
- Beaverton Police Activities League
- Coached for Westside from 1986 to 1998
- Coached softball and soccer for Valley Catholic High School
- Elected to Beaverton High School Local Committee (served five years)
- Founded Valley Softball Association, serving young women
- Founded Westside Metros Soccer Club in 1992
- Hosted five high school students from other countries
- Sexton Mountain Elementary School Local School Committee, appointed and subsequently elected (served five years)
- Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District Board of Directors, elected in 1993 and served a four-year term; served as Secretary
- Tualatin Hills Park Foundation Board Member, current
- Westside Recreational Soccer Club Board Member, since 1986
City of Beaverton Boards & Commissions
- Beaverton Arts Commission (Council Liaison–past)
- Beaverton Committee for Community Involvement (Council Liaison–past)
- Budget Committee (Council Liaison–past)
- Sister Cities Advisory Board (Council Liaison–past)
- Social Service Funding Committee (Council Liaison–past)
- Beaverton Chamber of Commerce, Member, served as board and executive board member
- Serves on committee that planned and implemented the Leadership Beaverton program, and graduated from the inaugural class of Leadership
- Beaverton Rotary Noon Club—served as Club President 2006-2007, committee work includes Annual High School Scholarship Awards, Dental Check, Programs, Youth Exchange
- Taste of Beaverton, Volunteer
- Beaverton Arts Commission Foundation Board of Directors
- Westside Cultural Alliance, board member and past chair
- Sierra Club, Nature Conservancy, Audubon, Friends of the Washington Park Zoo, Member
- Speaker and volunteer for Christmas in April
- Data General North American User group officer, including President, membership of 3500
- Denny has spent nearly 30 years in the fast growing and competitive computer, management and data processing field. He was President of Dennis Doyle & Associates, a computer system sales and consulting firm, specializing in small business assistance. Dennis has delivered speeches on computer issues in England, France and Ireland.
- Illinois State University, B.A. Political Science, minor Physical Education, certified to teach K–12.
- Married 30+ years to Ann Doyle.
- Two children: Erin, who holds a bachelor of science from Grinnell College and a Juris Doctor from the University of San Diego. Erin is married and lives in Beaverton. Keri, who holds a doctorate in physical therapy from the University of North Dakota is also married and lives in Beaverton and is the proud mother of Isabelle, Annalise, Emerson and Nora – the Mayor’s four granddaughters.
- Two dogs: Abby and Fred.