Sexton Mountain NAC
- Meets as needed
- 6:30 pm
- NAC meets on an as needed basis to assist with partnering with stakeholders for upcoming projects and events.
- Annual Elections (Board Members, Chair, Vice-Chair, Recorder, Treasurer, and BCCI representative) held in October.
- Sexton Mountain Elementary, Cafeteria
15645 SW Sexton Mountain Dr.
Beaverton OR, 97007
- Follow us on Facebook
- View and print the June 2014 Sexton Mountain Informational Flier
- Rhonda Coakley -
Sexton Mountain NAC Chair
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- The NAC is currently looking to fill all of their leadership positions. Those positions include Chair, Vice-Chair, Recorder, Treasurer, and Beaverton Committee for Community Involvement (BCCI) representative. If you are interested in getting more involved please contact the chair or the Neighborhood Program at 503-526-2543.
- Safe Routes to School – NAC working with neighbors, City of Beaverton, THPRD, Washington County and Beaverton School District, to identify missing sidewalk connections within 1 mile of both Sexton Mtn and Cooper Mtn Elementary schools. Collaborative efforts continue to take place with more information on funding options and project timelines to follow.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available before meetings.
Most Recent Agenda l View All
Minutes are also available following approval.
(No recent minutes are available.)
Packets are available before meetings as well. Packets include current agenda, the previous meeting's minutes, and other attachments.
Most Recent Packet l View All
Most Recent Events & Successes*
The Sexton Mountain NAC and Sexton Mountain Elementary School PTC (Parent Teacher Committee) put on their annual “Run with the Eagle 5k,” with support from a matching grant from the City of Beaverton. The event included a 5k run/walk, followed by a fun run around the track that even Sparky the Eagle participated in. 214 people participated in the run and 300 people attended the fun festivities, making this event a smashing success.
Partnered with the Parent Teacher Club at Sexton Mountain Elementary School in 2011 to install bike racks at the school to encourage more children to bike to school.
- In 2011, the NAC partnered with Sexton Mountain & Cooper Mountain Elementary Schools to support a Safe Routes to School (SRTS) Pilot Program. Classes competed to see who could get the most children to walk or bike to school.
Welcome to the Sexton Mountain Neighborhood Association Committee (NAC). We meet monthly to discuss ideas and issues and work on projects to improve our neighborhood. Anyone that lives, owns property (including a business), or represents a nonprofit organization within the neighborhood boundaries is a member. Please join us.
The NAC meeting is the designated forum for committee participants to share ideas and community news with neighbors. It is also an opportunity to meet with city officials on various issues throughout the year.
“Edward S. Sexton …settled on land southwest of what is now Beaverton in the spring of 1853. Sexton Mountain was named for him” (McArthur, 1992).
McArthur L. L. (1992). Oregon Geographic Names, Sixth Edition. Oregon Historical Society Press: Portland Oregon.
For more info visit Beaverton history and the online historical photo gallery.