- 7:00 pm
- Third Thursday of the month.
- 2017 meeting include: Jan. 19*, Feb. 16, Mar. 16, Apr. 20, May 18, Jun. 15, Jul. 20, Aug. 17, Sep. 21, Oct. 19. Nov. 16, Dec. 21
- Annual Elections (Board Members, Chair, Vice-Chair, Recorder, Treasurer, and BCCI representative) held in January.
- *Meeting at Beaverton City Hall, Columbia River Room, 5th Floor, 12725 SW Millikan Way
- Beaverton Community Center
12350 SW Fifth St.
Beaverton, OR 97005
- Follow us on Facebook
- View and print the June 2014 Vose Informational Flier
- Penny Douglas - Vose NAC Chair
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Positions currently available include Recorder, Alternate BCCI Representative, and additional voting Board Members. Please join us and consider one of these opportunities to volunteer in your own neighborhood. Learn more!
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available before meetings.
Most Recent Agenda l View All
Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes l View All
Packets are available before meetings as well. Packets include current agenda, the previous meeting's minutes, and other attachments.
Most Recent Packet l View All
Upcoming Events:Beaverton Civic Theatre brings storytime to life on August 16 at the Beaverton City Library!
On Tuesday, August 16 the 7PM family pj storytime will be outside on the library lawn and feature Beaverton Civic Theatre's performance of Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Musical.
As a celebration of summer reading, Beaverton Civic Theatre has partnered with Beaverton City Library to present an encore performance of it's sold out production of Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Musical. Thanks to funding from the Cultural Coalition of Washington County and the Vose Neighborhood Association Committee, this encore performance is free of charge. Families are encouraged to bring their blankets and lawn chairs.
Recent Events & Successes*
- 2014 Vose Neighborhood Picnic (Saturday, August 23) Over 200 people attended this great event. Thanks to all who attended and volunteered! View the postcard for the event.
- NAC recently concluded a very successful partnership with the West Beaverton NAC to provide books to students at Vose Elementary for their own home libraries. The program provided books to 167 students at the school in March 2014, which will go a very long way in helping to reduce the reading proficiency drop off that occurs during the summer months.
- NAC sponsored the Sixth Annual Theatre at Schiffler Park on Sunday, July 13, 2014 (6-8 p.m.) in partnership with THPRD, Central Beaverton NAC, and the Beaverton Civic Theatre. The play was "Side by Side" by Sondheim. Approximately 800 people attended this free event. Take a look at the postcard.
*Events made possible through the Neighborhood Matching Grant Program. If you have ideas go to your next NAC meeting and let them know.
About the Vose NAC
Welcome to the Vose Neighborhood Association Committee (NAC). We meet monthly to discuss ideas and issues and work on projects to improve our neighborhood. Anyone that lives, owns property (including a business), or represents a nonprofit organization within the neighborhood boundaries is a member. Please join us.
The NAC meeting is the designated forum for committee participants to share ideas and community news with neighbors. It is also an opportunity to meet with city officials on various issues throughout the year.
1902, Aaron Vasco Denney and Alice Smith pose by their new home.
Annie Vose lived with the Denney family after her husband’s Death in 1947.
Vose Neighborhood Association shares its name with Vose School in honor of Annie and Burgett Vose who taught elementary school together beginning at McKay School.
Annie began teaching in 1928. “When Mr. Vose died in 1947, Annie lived with the Denney family, after whom Denney Road is named (the location of Vose School)” (Vose School, 2006). After her retirement from full-time teaching, Annie was a substitute teacher until her death in 1967.
Vose School, (2006). History. Retrieved December 27, 2006 from: www.beaverton.k12.or.us/vose/vose_history.html
For more info visit Beaverton history and the online historical photo gallery.